Monday, October 20, 2008

Today was another day in Kindergarten. I did calendar for the first time and I got to read the story at the end of the day but that's about it so it was a nice relaxing day. The kids learned the letter M today and tomorrow I'm doing their reading lesson. We're reading the Big Book, Eeny, Meeny, Miney Mouse. It's full of M words that rhyme with things around the house. I'm a little nervous that what I have planned won't fill the whole 40 minute time slot so I planned a little extra activity this afternoon. Dr. Carter is coming to observe so hopefully it'll all go well ;) Instead of having math time today the kids got to go down to the gym to make wish lists from the book fair. They really seemed excited about it and tomorrow they get to go down to the gym individually to go shopping. Hopefully it won't be too disruptive during reading time but the kids are pretty used to people coming in and out of the room so it shouldn't be too bad. Okay, I'm off to practice the book a few more times and then I really need to get some sleep!

Quote of the Day:

Olen: Mrs. Severson my nightmare from last night keeps coming back into my head.
Mrs. Severson: Okay, let me erase it. (She rubs an eraser in front of his forehead)
Olen: It's gone! How did you do that?
Mrs. Severson: It's just a special talent teachers have.
Olen: I wish Grandma was a teacher...

0 comments: