Today was my first day of "teaching." I had one section of the reading/language centers that we did today. The kids had never done centers before so they had a little trouble figuring out that it was okay that the other kids were doing something "more fun" because they're going to get to do it tomorrow. I had the reading center where I read a book to the kids called Dig, Dig, Digging. It was about all kinds of different trucks and the kids seemed to really enjoy it. After we read we spent some time talking/drawing about each of the different trucks and what they do. My teacher won't be there for part of the day tomorrow so I'll get to do a few more things. I'll be running my center, teaching the math lesson, and doing story time at the end of the day. And later this week I'll probably start doing calender time as well. Tonight I'll be getting the math lesson ready and picking out a few books to read for story time!
Quote of the Day:
Today the kids learned "You shall not murder" as their fifth commandment. Mrs. Severson spent quite a bit of time explaining to the students what murder meant. A little while later at recess the kids each got to plant a tulip bulb and Mrs. Severson had to dig around some flowers to get them in.
Mrs. Severson: It looks like I might have to kill some of these other flowers to get these in here.
Christopher: NO! Mrs. Severson please no! You shall not murder! It's in the Bible!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Posted by nikki at 9:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should save these "quotes of the day" and publish a book. I look forward to reading them each day:)
That's so funny! Your quotes of the day are hilarious! I read them everyday and I always wonder what is going to come out of their mouths next. It cracks me up! It sounds like you are having a great experience in practicum. You are going to make a great teacher!
I also love your quotes of the day. Ya gotta love those Kindergartners! The highlight of my day today was that several of them actually know my name now...which is a big improvement over last week!!
And man..you guys are way ahead of us in commandments...we are only on the second one!
Post a Comment