Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today was a really good day. The kids were pretty chatty but they were so good while Dr. Carter was there. The reading lesson went great. First we did a short little activity to get some wiggles out where I said "Eeny Meeny Miney Mouse" and they got to crawl around like mice. Then whenever I said "Mice be Nice" they had to quietly get back to their seats. Then we read the book which is a little silly and the kids really seemed to get a kick out of it. They seemed excited to get the chance to help me read it tomorrow. After reading they had snack and went out to recess. When we came back in from recess it was math time as usual. The lesson was a little rough because the kids were really wound up and really loud. I guess they were just too good while Dr. Carter was there so they needed to let it all out. There was time for two stories before it was time to go home. I love being in Kindergarten. The kids are great.

Quote of the Day:

Me: Does anyone know what paradise means?
Christopher: My home.
Kyndall: Somewhere with a beach.
Me: It's a perfect place like Heaven. Do you think Heaven might be a perfect place?
Olen: Miss Nikki I think it might be more like Texas.

2 comments:

w h i t n e y said...

yeah...the boy might have it right about Texas.

Nancy said...

:-) You have a wonderful gift with children. And Christopher... well he had the right answer the first time, "My home." I can't think of a better place to be.

Love you!