Today was a pretty crazy day. The regular schedule is always adjusted on Wednesdays because it's chapel day. Everything gets pushed back about a half an hour and phonics time gets shortened quite a bit. Today however, was especially crazy because the kids got to invite someone special (mom, dad, grandma and grandpa) to chapel and then go shopping at the book fair after. So when we got back to the classroom to do calender we only had five kids that weren't shopping. Then we realized that today was computer day and since they go down in three separate groups we couldn't postpone sending the first three. This meant calender time was me and two of the kids. We figured we might get some of the book fair kids back as we went along but no. We did the whole thing just the three of us. It wasn't bad because it was a good chance to see that those two definitely know their stuff it was just different. After calender was a quick phonics lesson and then day two of Eeny Meeny Miney Mouse. The kids enjoyed it just as much the second time around and they did an excellent job on the rhyming worksheet that I made up for them to do. Having kids in and out during phonics and the worksheet to go to computers put them all in different places so I had to stay in with a few of the kids while they finished up their snack before recess but after that things went smoothly. Mrs. Severson did the math lesson today which I was so glad about. I'm getting pretty worn out so it was a nice break to just sit and watch for a little while. Then we had story and the kids were done with their 43rd day of school. Tomorrow's the last day this week and I don't think I could be more excited about the three day weekend!
Quote of the Day:
Pierce: One time I went to a place where they make cheese. There were mice everywhere helping to make the cheese. And then since they helped make it they got to eat all of it that they wanted.
Me: Really? Where was this cheese making place Pierce?
Pierce: Did I fool you? I made it up.
Me: Not quite.
Pierce: Okay how about that I went to a place where they make special Nascar cars that fly?
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Posted by nikki at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Quote of the Day from Parkside:
Jordan: Miss Nancy is my Aunt
Me: No, Jordan, I am your neighbor
Jordan: Oh
Me: Don't you have an Aunt Jennifer?
Jordan: No
Me: Do you have an Aunt Jenny then?
Jordan: Yes!
Post a Comment